Chromium is a kind of open-source web browser project; it isn’t a virus itself. It is an authentic project made by Google, which is generally used for many vindictive purposes of harming anyone or of stealing their information. It wholly consists of bugs and adware that made it possible to damage anyone’s PC.
What is Chromium Virus?
The Chromium virus is a harmful web browser that has the potential to change the original files. It is generally used as a virus of browser that can be proved too dangerous as it could severely damage your system or data that you keep on your computer to remain safe.
If you find out that Chromium Virus is entered in your PC, then you should go forward for its safety measures to get rid of it.
Hijackers use it to fulfill their evil thoughts of harming anyone. Sometimes pop-ups or flashing ads that seem to be entertaining might display on your PC, and if you click on them, intentionally or unintentionally, I will take you to that infected website which contains malware.
What are the signs that indicate the Chromium Virus on your computer?
Many signs can indicate or aware you about Chromium Virus on your PC like some Chromium Browser start installing on your computer without your approval, web browser’s homepage start to change, PC becomes slow, and you’re facing difficulty in running your programs and applications, many advertisements and pop-ups appear on your browser.
If you notice such kind of signs on your PC, there is a need to remove it instantly from your PC otherwise it can badly damage your files or data.
How to remove Chromium Virus?
Courtesy of How2pc.com, you will find a guide below to remove it from any Windows, or macOS and all your browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Remove Malware from Windows 7, 8 or 10
To remove this virus, follow the given steps below:
- Go to “Start” (at the left lower corner) of your desktop.
- Then move to “Control Panel” and have a look for “Programs and Features”.
- Click on “Uninstall the Program” to remove Chromium or any other unwanted extensions.
Remove Malware from macOS
To remove the virus, read carefully and follow the instructions:
- First, look for the “Finder” icon (at the bottom left corner) of your screen.
- On the left menu, select “Applications”.
- By using a search tab, search the “Chromium app”.
- Drag the app to the “Trash” icon (at the bottom right corner) of your screen.
- Click on it and select “Empty Trash”.
Remove Malware from Google Chrome
To remove Chromium Virus from your Google Chrome, follow step-wise instructions below:
- Go to the “Chrome Menu” (on the top right corner) of your browser screen.
- Click the option of “Tools” then “Extensions”.
- Locate any of the suspicious entries that are recently added. Click on that entries and click “Remove”.
Remove Malware From Mozilla Firefox
If you find Chromium Virus on your Firefox, you need to follow step-by-step instructions below:
- Go to the “Firefox Menu” on the top right corner of the browser’s screen.
- Here, click “Add-ons” and then “Extensions”.
- Remove all new suspicious plug-ins.
Remove Malware From Safari
To remove the virus from Safari, follow the steps:
- On your Safari Browser go the “Safari” icon on the top left corner of the browser.
- Click on “Preferences” then go to “Extensions”.
- Find any suspicious recently-added extensions, select them, and click “Uninstall or Remove”.
Generally, these viruses may enter your PC while downloading free software or applications. But don’t you worry about it. The signs I have mentioned above you surely make you aware of the Chromium Virus, if infected your computer, and the guideline I have mentioned will surely help you in getting rid of it quickly.
It would be best if you remain attentive in installing or downloading any free software. Make sure to do safety measures to be safe from any harm to your data or information. I hope my article proves to be helpful to you.